Our Review Process
Our articles undergo extensive medical review by board-certified practitioners to confirm that all factual inferences with respect to medical conditions, symptoms, treatments, and protocols are legitimate, canonical, and adhere to current guidelines and the latest discoveries. Read more.
Our Editorial Team
Shifa Fatima, MSc.
Dr. Apoorva T, MHM.
Facial Exercises to Tone and Slim Face
Proper fitness is a key component of a healthy lifestyle. However, we tend to ignore the muscles that people see the most: the face. Just like the rest of your body, over 57 muscles in your face and neck need exercise to stay in shape and fit. A person's face is all about beauty, but as we age, maintaining the elasticity and softness of our skin is often a source of stress. If you’ve looked for a natural solution for sagging skin, you are probably familiar with facial exercises. Keep reading to know the exercises that help to lose face fat.
Fitness stars have long recommended facial exercises designed to lose weight in face and reverse the aging process. But do these exercises actually work?
Numerous books, websites, and product reviews promise miraculous results, but the evidence that facial exercises are effective in thinning the cheeks or reducing wrinkles is mostly anecdotal. Also know about diabetes yoga.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Facial Exercises
Face exercises help to tighten the muscles in your face, which help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles- creating a firmer, tighter looking appearance. Cosmetic procedures that help with facial skin tightening can be very expensive and invasive- but facial exercise costs nothing. Hence it is easy to lose face fat by exercising regularly. Also know about what is anaerobic exercise.
Exercises For Double Chin
There are various exercises to lose face fat. Most people suffer with double chin. A double chin often doesn’t discriminate. Whether you are skinny or on the chubbier side, a double chin is a constant problem making most of us conscious about our looks. Hence, in the first few face exercises, we teach you how to tackle submental fat on the chin and the jaw. Below are a few useful tips and tricks to help you tackle double chin for good.
Linear Jaw Extension
- Look straight up & look towards the ceiling by tilting your head backwards.
- Push your lower jaw to the front, therefore feeling a stretch under the chin.
- Hold the jaw straight & count till 10.
- Recline your jaw slowly and return your head to the normal position.
Kiss That Ceiling
- Tilt your head backwards and look at the ceiling.
- Bring your lips together as if you’re kissing the ceiling thus helping you stretch the area beneath your chin.
- Stop puckering and move your head back to its original position.
Stretch Your Neck
- Tilt your head back again to face the ceiling.
- Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
- Hold for a few seconds and let go.
- Ensure to not put too much pressure or you’ll sprain your neck.
- Put a toy ball measuring 8-9 inches under your chin.
- Squeeze the ball in between your chin and chest.
- Do it 20-30 times every day to get the desired effect.
Work That Tongue
- Look straight ahead and stick your tongue out as far as you can.
- Stick your tongue out to touch your nose (well almost)
- Stay that way for 10-15 seconds and then return to normal.
Exercises for Cheek Fat
If you want to lose face fat and tone your muscles, then keenly observe fish. Even make them your besties for that matter because some tricks and tips from how they look are going to come in handy while trying out facial exercises for cheeks. Try the below-mentioned face fat reduction exercise and watch your looks transform. If you want to lose weight in face and tone your muscles then keenly observe fish. Even make them your besties for that matter because some tricks and tips from how they look are going to come in handy while trying out exercises to lose face fat especially for cheeks. Try the below-mentioned face fat reduction exercise and watch your looks transform.
Puffer Fish Exercise
- Inhale air to fill your mouth with it to resemble a pufferfish
- Alternate the air from left cheek to right cheek at intervals of 10 secs.
- Release the air in order to form a firm O.
- The above face exercise will help in working out your cheeks leading to face toning.
- Suck those cheeks in to feel an impact
- Now try smiling while still keeping that fish face on
- Hold this position for 5 – 10 seconds
- Repeat the process for at least 20-25 times daily all at one go.
Chew That Gum
- Pretty self-explanatory, this one hardly needs a description.
- All you need to do is chew gum regularly to work those buccal muscles
- Beware to not overdo it or you’ll end up with expanded masseters.
- Extend your jaw way down as much as possible to feel a stretch
- Bring it back up
- Keep repeating the above 2 steps to effectively work the cheek, chin and jaw muscles.
Massages For The Win
- Try pinching your jawline in between your index finger and thumb to give it a good massage in an upward motion.
- Rub it up massaging gently, thus reducing bloating of the masseters.
- With the help of your thumbs massage the cheeks outwards starting from the nose ending towards the temples.
Lifted Brows And Cheekbones
Raised eyebrows and cheekbones make the face more defined and sculpted, making it look younger. We live in an era where selfies and social media posts mean peace because everything is online these days. If you want to take perfect selfies and photos, try these facial exercises to give your face a sculptural look. Read on to combat sagging skin and look more feminine.
The Triple Finger Pressure Workout
- Open your mouth wide open and keep contracting your cheek muscles back and forth.
- Resistance from the fingers will help the muscles work out thus toning them and giving them a lift.
- On finishing the exercise puff some air in and tap your cheeks as you exhale, this will help your cheeks relax.
- Repeat this 15-20 times daily at a stretch to get the desired results.
V Face Exercise
- Form a V using your middle and index finger
- Push your cheek muscles upward by adding pressure from in between your fingers
- This will not just help you reduce your smile lines, cheek fat & but also help with blood circulation and muscle toning for a youthful appearance.
- Do reps of 15 every day in order to see your face getting a lift.
- Droopy brow bone can make your face look tired and sleepy. Give yourself a more woken-up look by practicing the brow lift.
- Place your palms on each half of the face, making the middle finger touch your brow bone.
- Add gentle pressure and push your brow muscle to give it a lift.
- Bring your eyebrows upwards and outwards as your eyes stay open.
- Observe that position for 5-7 seconds
- Repeat thrice to see optimum results.
Brow Muscle Flex
- Look straight and keep your eyes wide open.
- Look up and hold your eye muscles up for a few seconds.
- Then look down and repeat the same pattern.
- Once you’re done looking up and down, try the same sideways.
Eye Squeeze Exercise
- Close your eyes as hard as you can.
- Now lift both your eyebrows as far as possible.
- Hold for a few seconds but don’t open your eyes at all.
- Do reps of 10 -15 daily thrice a day for the best results.
Also know the exercise for weight loss at home for female.
These exercises to lose face fat is best done every day after waking up and before going to bed. As with yoga and gymnastics, it is also important to follow facial yoga and gymnastics. A proportional face makes a person look healthier and younger. So don't wait any longer. Try the face slimming exercises above and see the results for yourself.
How can I make my face thinner and toned?
Doing facial exercises, adding cardio to your routine, drinking more water and limiting alcohol consumption are a few ways to lose face fat.
Do facial exercises help slim your face?
Just like regular exercise can aid your weight loss goals and tone your body, similarly, facial workouts can have many benefits too. Not only does it strengthen your facial muscles, it can also reduce the appearance of the wrinkles.
How long does it take to lose face fat?
You can expect to lose about 0.5-1% of body fat a week.
What are the best fat loss tips for women?
Here are some best fat loss tips to burn fat quickly and promote weight loss.
- Start strength training
- Follow a high-protein diet
- Squeeze in more sleep
- Add vinegar to your diet
- Eat more healthy fats
- Drink healthier beverages
- Fill up on fiber
- Cut down on refined carbs
This website's content is provided only for educational reasons and is not meant to be a replacement for professional medical advice. Due to individual differences, the reader should contact their physician to decide whether the material is applicable to their case.