Our Review Process
Our articles undergo extensive medical review by board-certified practitioners to confirm that all factual inferences with respect to medical conditions, symptoms, treatments, and protocols are legitimate, canonical, and adhere to current guidelines and the latest discoveries. Read more.
Our Editorial Team
Shifa Fatima, MSc.
Dr. Apoorva T, MHM.
Dapaglyn 10mg Tablet For Diabetes
Dapaglyn 10 mg tablet is an antihyperglycemic medication used to treat type 2 diabetes (high blood sugar levels) in adults over the age of 18. Dapaglyn 10 mg pill may be used alone or in conjunction with other diabetes medications. Dapaglyn 10 pill, when combined with a good diet and exercise, may significantly improve blood sugar management. Dapaglyn 10 mg pill is not recommended for those who have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. It helps to treat diabetes by removing the excess sugar present in the bloodstream via urination.
Dapaglyn 10 mg tablets should be taken as prescribed by your doctor, preferably at the same time everyday and no dosage should be missed. It has a lot of benefits such as :
- Removing excess sugar via urine
- Lowering blood glucose levels
- Avoiding the risk of serious health complications
- Helps to avoid cardiovascular diseases, kidney damage and other ailments that occur as a result of type 2 diabetes.
Also read about sugar level in urine
Table of Contents
Dapaglyn 10 Tablet Uses
Dapaglyn 10 mg tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It can be used alone or with other medication as prescribed by your doctor and must be taken regularly, at the same time. It helps to reduce and manage blood sugar levels when paired with a healthy diet and constant exercise. It also helps to avoid any potential problems that might be caused due to type 2 diabetes such as cardiovascular diseases, kidney damage, nerve damage, risk of stroke, etc. Read more about sugar tablets.
Dapaglyn 10 Tablet Dosage
Dapaglyn 10 pill is a controlled substance. Take Dapaglyn 10 pills exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Dapaglyn 10 pill should be taken precisely as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed or decrease the dosage prescribed by your doctor. Dapaglyn 10 pills should be taken just before or after a meal. Never self-medicate or adjust the dose without consulting a doctor.
Take no more than two doses at the same time. Always attempt to take Dapaglyn 10 tablets on a consistent basis. Even if you feel OK or your blood sugar level is under control, you should always take the medication. Do not discontinue taking without consulting your doctor. Otherwise, your blood sugar may increase once again. Do not discontinue Dapaglyn 10 tablets without first seeing your doctor. Diabetes requires lifelong therapy.
How Does Dapaglyn 10 Tablet Work?
Dapagliflozin is an antihyperglycemic medication that inhibits the sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (sglt2). Dapagliflozin acts by inhibiting a protein in the kidney known as sodium-glucose co-transporter 2. (SGLT2). SGLT2 is a protein that absorbs glucose from the urine as it is filtered into the blood kidney. By inhibiting the function of SGLT2, dapagliflozin stimulates the elimination of excess glucose via urine, lowering the blood glucose level.
Thus, Dapaglyn 10 pill works by regulating blood sugar levels.
Dapaglyn 10 Tablet Side Effects
Dapaglyn 10 tablets, like other drugs, may produce adverse effects; however, not everyone will experience these negative effects.
Some typical side effects :
- include genital infection and urinary tract infection
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nose and throat)
- Infection of the urinary tract
- Hypoglycemia symptoms include: ( feeling shivering or restless, sweating, feeling hungry, feeling like your heart is pounding, dizziness )
- Urinary difficulties and a variety of additional adverse effects are possible
If you experience any of these side effects after taking your prescribed dosage, consult your doctor immediately. You can ask your doctor to adjust your dosage amount and/or change your medication. It is important to be aware of the medication that you are taking along with dapaglyn 10 mg as sometimes, other tablets tend to affect the workings of each other.
Before you start taking any medication, you should always consult your doctor and take the necessary precautions. The same goes with dapaglyn 10 mg tablets.
- Inform your doctor if you have any kidney or liver issues, a urinary tract infection, or if you are taking (diuretic) medicines before taking Dapaglyn 10 tablet.
- Dapaglyn 10 pill is not intended to be used to treat type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis so patients with type 1 diabetes should stay away from this tablet unless prescribed by the doctor. Also know about the diabetes specialist doctor.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should also visit their doctor before using Dapaglyn 10 pills.
- Excessive alcohol consumption should be avoided when taking Dapaglyn 10 pills as it may raise the risk of various adverse effects.
- Continue to take your medication on a regular basis Because diabetes treatment is lifelong. Take no more than the suggested dosage, and try to take it at the same time every day.
- If you stop taking it without first seeing your diabetologist, your blood sugar levels may rise.
- Dapaglyn tablets have no known adverse effects on one’s ability to drive.
- In individuals with liver illness, Dapaglyn 10 tablet 10mg Tablet should be taken with care; a dosage modification of Dapaglyn 10 tablet 10mg Tablet may be required.
Dapaglyn 10 mg tablet is an antihyperglycemic medication used to treat type 2 diabetes (high blood sugar levels) in adults over the age of 18. It can be used alone or with other medication as prescribed by your doctor and must be taken regularly, at the same time. Dapagliflozin is an antihyperglycemic medication that inhibits the sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (sglt2). Take no more than two doses at the same time. Never self-medicate or adjust the dose without consulting a doctor. It helps regulate sugar levels in the body and avoid other diabetes related ailments as well. With proper medical care and a healthy lifestyle, this tablet helps to manage type 2 diabetes greatly. Dapaglyn 10 mg tablets are not intended to be used to treat type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. Make sure that you don’t consume alcohol or smoke while taking this tablet. If you experience any sort of side effects, consult your doctor immediately. Read more about medications for diabetes.
Can dapagliflozin damage kidneys?
People who have a pre-existing illness related to their kidney should not consume dapagliflozin as it may cause further damage to the kidneys and is considered to be unsafe. Consult a doctor to make sure this tablet can be used.
How can type 2 diabetes be cured permanently?
Type 2 diabetes is a condition where the body either produces less insulin or cannot utilize it properly. Unfortunately, Type 2 diabetes is a condition that has no permanent cure. But type 2 diabetes can be greatly managed with proper medical attention, regular medication, a healthy diet and regular exercises. If you have type 2 diabetes, make sure you visit your doctor regularly and check your blood sugar levels daily.
This website's content is provided only for educational reasons and is not meant to be a replacement for professional medical advice. Due to individual differences, the reader should contact their physician to decide whether the material is applicable to their case.