Our Review Process
Our articles undergo extensive medical review by board-certified practitioners to confirm that all factual inferences with respect to medical conditions, symptoms, treatments, and protocols are legitimate, canonical, and adhere to current guidelines and the latest discoveries. Read more.
Our Editorial Team
Shifa Fatima, MSc.
Dr. Apoorva T, MHM.
Herbal Medicine for Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease, and it can be life-threatening if not controlled and treated at the right time. In type 2 diabetes, your pancreas does not produce the required amount of insulin, a hormone responsible for moving sugar into your cells. Therefore, the sugar levels in the blood keep increasing. Although there is no cure for type 2 diabetes, it can be controlled through diet, exercising, and losing weight. Medicines and insulin therapy are used for managing type 2 diabetes, but they have side effects. Therefore, the only alternative is herbal medicine, which is not only plant-based but also 100% chemical free.
Natural and herbal medicines have always been effective in treating several diseases since ancient times. Spices like turmeric and cinnamon are known to manage diabetes. Apple cider vinegar, fenugreek, aloe vera, bitter melon, and Gymnema are some of the natural plant-based ingredients used in herbal medicine for diabetes.
Several companies in the market produce herbal medicine for diabetes. Herbalife sugar control is one among them. Here is a list of herbal medicines for diabetes treatment. Read more about sugar tablets.
Table of Contents
Herbalife Herbal Control
Herbalife Sugar control has manufactured Herbal Control. It is not a prescription medicine for type 2 diabetes, but the herbal ingredients in it help control type 2 diabetes.
- Benefits and uses: Diabetic patients suffer from lethargy and weakened immunity. Herbal Control is a combination of teas that help stimulate your metabolism, alertness and energy. Green tea, black tea, oolong tea, pomegranate extracts, ginger, and caffeine help to provide energy and strengthen immunity. It also helps to fight infections and reduces inflammation.
- Dosage: One tablet twice a day.
- Side effects: Herbal Control is a purely plant-based medicine, and therefore, has very little risk of infections. But if you are sensitive to caffeine or have any other medical condition, you should consult your doctor before consuming Herbal Control. Also know about best ayurvedic medicine for diabetes.
Nutrilite Madhunashini, Shunti and Twak
Nutrilite Madhunashini, Shunti and Twak is herbal medicine for diabetes. The extracts of the medicine are drawn from certified organic herbs. There are no artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives added to the product. The product contains excellent herbal ingredients that help maintain blood glucose levels.
- Benefits and uses: Nutrilite Madhunashini, Shunti and Twak help maintain a healthy metabolism, and thereby, control blood glucose levels. It helps your pancreas function normally, producing the required amount of insulin. The medicine helps maintain normal lipid metabolism. The antioxidants present in the medicines help prevent infections and reduce inflammation from high blood sugar.
- Dosage: One tablet twice a day.
- Side effects: The herbal medicine for diabetes is 100% natural, and therefore, has very little risk of side effects. But if you suffer from hypoglycemia, you should consult your doctor before consuming the medicine. Pregnant women and lactating mothers should also consult their doctors before consuming the medicine. Also read about sugar in urine.
Baidyanath Madhumehari Granules are a herbal medicine for diabetes. It is quite effective in controlling and treating type 2 diabetes. The major ingredient is shilajit. The other ingredients are khadir churan, jamnu guthli, karela, giloy, amla, haldi, tejpata, kutki and vijaysar.
- Benefits and uses: Baidyanath Madhumehari helps control blood glucose levels and manage type 2 diabetes. It helps to control frequent urination and excessive thirst. It also prevents dryness of the mouth, a common symptom of diabetes. It also provides energy and reduces fatigue and lethargy caused by high glucose levels.
- Dosage: One teaspoon twice daily.
- Side effects: As it is herbal medicine, it has no side effects. But pregnant women, lactating mothers, and people with other health conditions should consult their doctor before consuming it.
Baidyanath Basant Kusumakar Ras
If diabetes is harsh on you and you are feeling tired at all times, Baidyanath Basant Kusumakar Ras is the best herbal medicine for diabetes. It not only controls diabetes but is also effective in treating many other diseases such as low libido and urinary problems. The main ingredients are pravalpishthi, sudhgandhak, motipisti, chandibhasma, nag bhasma, swarnbhasma and raskarpur.
- Benefits and uses: Baidyanath Basant Kusumakar Ras is a health tonic. It is effective in medical conditions such as heart and brain problems, type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes, diabetes insipidus, urinary infections, asthma, weakness, and phthisis. The medicine is recommended for diabetic neuropathy, diabetic carbuncle, and diabetic retinopathy also.
- Dosage: One or two tablets daily either with milk or honey. You can consult your doctor about the dosage and how to consume the medicine.
- Side effects: As it is 100% herbal, the medicine has no severe side effects.
Kapiva Karela Jamun Juice
A powerful herbal medicine for diabetes, Kapiva Karela Jamun Juice, is made from karela or bitter gourd and jamun juice.
- Benefits and uses: Kapiva Karela Jamun Juice contains herbs beneficial in controlling diabetes. It also keeps acidity in check by normalising the digestive system. The medicine also purifies the blood and strengthens the immune system.
- Dosage: 20-30 mL of juice in a glass of water.
- Side effects: All the ingredients are natural, and therefore, there are fewer chances of side effects. But consult your doctor before consuming the juice.
Herbal medicines have been beneficial for diabetes for ages. Herbs and spices are always great as home remedies to treat several conditions. Moreover, herbal medicine for diabetes is chemical free and natural and comes with very few or no side effects.
Is turmeric good for diabetes?
Yes, turmeric is good for managing diabetes. The active component in turmeric, curcumin, can help prevent type 2 diabetes.
What spices lower blood sugar?
Fenugreek, cinnamon, basil, and turmeric can lower blood sugar. You can add these spices to your daily diet to control your blood glucose levels. They are loaded with antioxidants and are beneficial for overall health and wellness.
This website's content is provided only for educational reasons and is not meant to be a replacement for professional medical advice. Due to individual differences, the reader should contact their physician to decide whether the material is applicable to their case.